The New AV16/32 Board
A PICTail (tm) Plus Designed for the Explorer 16 and PIC32 I/O expansion boards
The AV16/32 Board is a PICTail(tm) Plus board designed to expand Microchip Technology’s Explorer 16 Development Board and compatible with the PIC32 I/O Expansion Board. Building this board, you can easily test the code and follow the experiments found in the books “Flying the PIC24” and "Exploring the PIC32".
- 1/8” Stereo Audio Output Jack (J1)
- SD Card Interface (J2)
- PS/2 Keyboard Input Port (J3)
- Composite Video Output (J4)
- VGA (monochrome) Output (J5)*
- Available as bare PCB or as a complete Kit
- Through hole components for easy assembly
The stereo output circuit uses active 2nd order filter circuits to produce high quality audio from the PIC24 PWM outputs. The signal can be connected to high impedance headphones, PC speakers, or a PC sound card input.
The SD card socket connects to one of the SPI channels on the PIC.
The PS/2 keyboard input can be connected to the Change Notification (CN) input pin, the Input Capture (IC) input pin or a generic digital I/O.
The video output uses an Output Compare channel and a SPI channel to produce monochrome NTSC (or PAL) composite video.
Finally a VGA connector will allow you to obtain a (monochrome) high resolution output directly on a standard computer screen.
- AV16/32 Board PCB $25 A professionally manufactured printed circuit boards (PCB)
(USPS First class mail - shipping included) .
- AV16/32 complete KIT $49A complete kit, including the AV16/32 printed circuit board and all the components required (NOTE: VGA connector not included)
(USPS First class mail shipping included, limited quantities!)
No Paypal account required!
Below you will find a bill of materials listing all required components (including Digikey codes), simple instructions and components datasheets to assist you mounting your AV16 board:
Bill of Materials